lauantai 15. marraskuuta 2008

I am a diver!

Day 138

"Sea without a shore for the vanished one unheard
He lightens the beacon, light at the end of world.
Showing the way, lighting hope in their hearts,
The ones and their travels homeward from afar."


Yes, I am now a certified open water diver.

Course took 4 days and 420 NZD(about 200 euros). My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner. I think there was 2 big pushes that I needed. First of all I had 19 days to spend in Cook Islands so time was not an issue, I had plenty of time. Second, met few fellow travelers in Tonga who kinda inspired me to do it as well.

It's amazing how all the sudden entire travel planning takes another dimension, underwater world. I am no longer looking/picking my future destinations based only on what they can offer above sealevel. There is whole new world underwater where I now have access, and all it took was 4 days and 200 euros.

Other than that, diving is bloody cool and fun. I have always liked swimming, snorkeling and generally being in water, especially when it's temperature is +27 degrees like here. I now have only 4 official dives behind me and already the aquatic life has been more divers than I have ever seen while snorkeling.

What else is going on? Well, I have been taking it quite easy while this course was on. Just sunbathing in Vara's amazing sundeck and cooling myself in picturesque lagoon.

On thursday we went to island night in Staircase nightclub. Entry ticket was only 5 NZD. Well, it was truly a 5 dollar show, nothing more. Basically dancers danced one same dance 6 times and had different name for each. When comparing, Island Night in Tonga beat the living crap out of this one.

Today is sunday...on monday I am heading out from Rarotonga, main island of Cook Islands to Aitutaki. I have 4 nights/3 days there. Was planning to do atleast 2 dives there, maybe even 4 if price is good. Coming back to Rarotonga on friday for 6 more nights. Today was planning to exercise little by taking 6h walk to islands highest mountain(693m), see ya :)

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Kirjottivat sun nimen väärin siihen lappuun. ^^
- Jade

Tero kirjoitti...

hehe, niin perkele teki. huomasin vasta tanaan ja kavin korjauttamassa, joten no worries :)