perjantai 1. elokuuta 2008

Clouds

Day 31

"Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." - John Keats

Yesterday I saw something weird, something I have not seen since July 10th, a cloud! I have gotten so used to clear blue skies that it was almost depressing...almost.

Well, to be perfectly honest, it was not the only "cloud" in paradise. I have now been on the road for 4 weeks and after Kakadu experience I feel like for the very first time I'm experiencing minor cultural shock. 3-day safari was so exhausting for both mind and body, that I felt I needed my "security network" for few days. Well, only problem is that the "security network" is located on other side of globe in my home, I have none here. And because of that, I have been quite anti-social for past 3 days, not feeling like chatting the same mindless chats I have done 50+ times already(Where are you from? How long have you been here? Where are you heading next? You working or on holiday? ...)

So now I really feel like change of scenery, I would have left Darwin today already, but since we are thousands of kilometers from nearest town, transportations are limited. Tomorrow morning at 9am I'm leaving Darwin with luxurious Ghan train to Alice Springs. Trip lasts 26h...not your typical train ride but distances here are huge.

After tons of advice from fellow travellers and some locals, I have decided to cut my stay in Alice Springs from 5 nights to 1 night. After that I head to 5-day safari taking me to Kings Canyon and Uluru, and after to Cairns in east coast where I should arrive August 8th.

Tero and Darwin, out.

Ei kommentteja: