sunnuntai 7. syyskuuta 2008

Change In Plans

Day 69

"Where have all the feelings gone?
Why has all the laughter ceased?"


(I just had to write entry today :P)

It's Monday now and I think yesterday was first day I felt like I might actually survive this infection. Today I think I feel 70%, so almost there.

Because of this infection I had to change plans a bit. Originally I was planning to go to Airlie Beach on Sunday and sailing to Whitsundays on Tuesday. Now I'm leaving to Airlie on Tuesday and heading to Whitsundays on Saturday, thus giving my ear enough time to heal.

I'm not taking any chances with this Whitsunday trip. After all, it IS the one thing I have been looking forward the most on this entire trip. Not even Uluru, Tonga or New Zealand are above Whitsundays on that list. Ask any aussie what they want to do most in Australia and 90% will answer "Sailing Whitsundays". Read any foreign travel publish about top 3 things to do in Australia and answer is always: Dive at Great Barrier Reef, See Uluru and Sail Whitsundays. I have seen dreams about that sailing ever since August 2007 when I started to plan this trip, only week more now...

Also because of this delay, rest of my trip towards Sydney starts to get more or less rushed feeling. I already spent more days than I had planned in Mission Beach Treehouse and now this delay...I might have to cut down something on the way, it might be Great Keppel Island near Rockhampton.

So now I am still in Magnetic Island, unable to swim in these pretty little beaches around island. Funny thing is that this island reminds me of Mediterranean islands when I am at the beach, scenery there is very similar.


Of course when I go back to inland, the wildlife reminds me that I am in Australia :)




So tonight is my last night on Magnetic Island, slightly annoying that I wasnt able to swim here at all and I will always remember this island from this ear infection. Overall, nice place with not too much tourism and decent people.

1 kommentti:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Pikaista paranemista... ei takuulla ole mukavaa. :-/

- Jade