perjantai 12. syyskuuta 2008

Hoist The Colors!

Day 74

"Hoist the coloooors!!"

Yea yea, I haven't written a new entry for 5 days now. There are 2 major reasons for this.

First of all there is nothing really to write. Past week has been most boring week on this trip so far. Airlie Beach is so small and boring place that there is really nothing to do here except hang around in the Lagoon during day and drink like pirate during night. And since I don't really have money or interest to party with these drunken teenagers, days can be quite boring. This place is clearly just a gateway to Whitsundays, nothing more. Good news is that yesterday doctor cleared me to dive again :)

Second reason was that I wanted to finish the book I was reading since I want to mention it here as well. It was 8th book I finished during this trip so I have done quite a lot of reading compared to what I do at home. Book was The Terror by Dan Simmons and it was one of the most remarkable things I have read in years. It's a complete assault to your senses and emotions, I have never felt so depressed reading a book but same time marveled how well Simmons was able to put reader directly into the minds of his characters. Book left me exhausted and head spinning. I was both glad and sad for finishing it since I doubt I will reading anything that good during this trip, but in same time I was glad it was over since I was getting so depressed for the characters in the book which were so real.

Ok, on with the show...

Day's theme music (open in another window, play and continue reading)

Today is the day. Today I'm heading to Whitsunday paradise islands for 3 day/3 night sailing trip. Biggest attraction in these islands is without a doubt the world famous Whitehaven beach, which not only ranks as the most beautiful beach of Australia, many also say its easily the most beautiful beach in entire world.

I spent many many hours trying to decide vessel and eventually ended up choosing big 100-year old tallship Solway Lass. Not only did it look gorgeous, I also met 3 different people before arriving to Airlie Beach who praised it to heavens. I always wanted to do this sailing on a very old fashioned sailing boat and the fact that ship has this pirate theme going on was just a bonus. YARRRR!!

Now I can only hope that weather stays as good as it has been here for past 2 days(sunny, 29 degrees). This is my dream come true. Hoist the colors and bring me that horizon!

Ei kommentteja: