torstai 4. syyskuuta 2008

All Good Things...

Day 66

"The flowers of wonder and the hidden treasures,
In the meadow of life, my acre of Heaven."


Even though I am now in Magnetic Island suffering from worst possible ear infection, I'll do timejump and go back to Mission Beach and The Treehouse. I realised that I hadn't uploaded any pictures of Mission Beach yet, so here are few for those who are not using Facebook(hint: there are lot more pics in my Facebook profile).

First a pic of the actual Mission Beach

View from hill nearby, Dunk Island in backround.
So my intial plan was to come to Mission Beach for 3 days and visit Dunk Island. Well, I ended up staying in Mission Beach for 7 days and was not able to move my arse from Treehouse and into Dunk Island until 5th day. I had read from internet sources that there was nice Jet Ski tour in Dunk Island which lasted 1.5h and took you around the paradise island. According to sources, price was only 110 dollars. When I got to this pretty little island I found out the tour costed 230 dollars!! Ok...so much for that tour, so I just rented Jet Ski for 20 minutes. When I was given my Jet Ski the guy told me: "just be careful, these things can go 65 km/h"...I managed to hit 85 km/h :D Anyway, here some pics of Dunk Island, it was pretty but not much to do there, especially since water wasn't clear enough for snorkeling, visibility was really bad.


So finally last tuesday evening was my last night at Treehouse. Damn I will miss the place and peeps in there. At least I went out in style and we organised big fiesta for me. Here are some pics of fiesta and Treehouse in general.

The barbecue incredients readied.

The posse enjoying the food.

The Treehouse gang from left: Frankie, Seli, Uli, Tero, Mandi, Max, Becky and Harry(owner)

And then some general pics from Treehouse to try to give you and idea what
it was like there. First general lounge area.
View from pool.
Resident pets, Boycat and Grizzly having a "fight" :) Well, truth was that Grizzly wanted to be friends with the cat all the time, but cat didnt. So in the end Boycat just bullied Grizzly around :)
Max chilling at this most relaxing couch. I actually fell asleep there one night for 4 hours.


What made Treehouse so great? Well, they had all the small details right. First of all place was very clean, despite the fact that it was in middle of rainforest. Staff had personality and they were fun. Pets...its amazing what difference having 2 pets around can do to a person, they really can lift your spirit when needed. People...everyone who stayed there were in the end very similar, everyone was looking for same kind of peace, quiet and relaxation what this place had to offer. Because everyone was so similar we also got along so well with everyone.

So on wednesday it was emotional goodbyes and I went towards Townsville where I was planning to stay one night since I needed to sort out some issues with my bank there. During trip there my right ear started to ache a bit. I didnt pay too much attention to it, but towards evening it just got worse and worse. When I headed to Magnetic Island on thursday it just got horribly painful. Try to imagine a needle stuck in your ear and someone twisting and turning it there, that was how it felt.

I had no choice but to see doctor. He looked at my ear and first words were: "Oh my God...", very encouraging indeed. Apparently I had very severe ear infection which now requires 10 days with antibiotics, no alcohol and worst of all, no swimming for week. Just great, just bloody f*cking great! I just arrive to Magnetic Island which boasts to have one of the best snorkeling beaches in entire east coast and I can't swim! This just plain sucks...I only wish now that this pain goes away cause I can't even enjoy sceneries around here with this pain.

Oh well...it can't rain all the time.

- Tero

Ei kommentteja: