keskiviikko 24. syyskuuta 2008

Waves!!!

Day 86

"For my dreams I hold my life
For wishes I behold my nights
A truth at the end of time
Losing faith makes a crime"


Gimme waves dammit!! I never realised that surfing was actually so cool. I'm now considering stopping at Surfer's Paradise on the way down south just to catch some waves :) ...or maybe not, from everything I hear Gold Coast seems so crappy place that I will just skip it.

Fate works in mysterious ways. Because of my ear infection about 2 weeks ago my east coast tour got 4 day delay, and because of that, Becky and Frankie from Treehouse managed to catch me on Airlie Beach so now 3 of us are basically traveling east coast together which makes this themepark ride quite a lot more nicer.

Past 4 days I spent in small surf town called Agnes Waters. It wasnt until yesterday(wednesday) though that 3 of us managed to drag ourselfs to surf lessons and completed the basic training, so cool. It was actually lot easier than I tought it was, managed to stand up on the board several times. I kinda felt that hardest part was to keep the board steady while paddling on it. Can't wait for Byron Bay now and do some more surfing there :)

Where are we now? Just arrived at Hervey Bay and tomorrow we are heading to Fraser Island for 3 days and 3 nights. For those who don't know...Fraser Island is the world's biggest sand island, one of the most praised tourist destinations in entire Australia. Some even rate it better than Whitsundays, allthough I doubt anything on can beat Whitsundays.

PS. Sorry, no pictures. This computer has usb port but its interface wont allow me to access file system.

PPS. Kauhajoki is number 1 news item here as well, but I wont discuss about it here.

Ei kommentteja: