keskiviikko 9. heinäkuuta 2008

Bye Bye Perth

Day 9

"Search for beauty, find your shore
Try to save them all, bleed no more
You have such oceans within
In the end, I will always love you"


It's thursday and time to say goodbye to Perth. It's been fun to see and feel this city again, but I'm more than eager to see new places and new shores. Within few hours I shall be in an airplane once more heading to Broome, Western Australia's number 1 party town. Broome is also known for its magnificient beach, Cable Beach.

Last day or 2 have also brought first hiccups to my trip. My original plan was to spend 2 weeks in Broome, 1 week next to Cable Beach relaxing and other week in famous party hostel closer to town. Well, those plans got scrapped after within 2 days entire Australia decided to head to Broome and nearly every hostel got booked out. I managed to extend my stay in my first hostel, Beaches of Broome until friday 18th, but after that day every single decent hostel in Broome is booked out. Also, my original plan was to fly from Broome to Darwin, but now all discount tickets are sold out for until end of August!! So...my plan now is to take Greyhound bus from Broome to Kununurra which is located midway between Broome and Darwin, stay there for 2 days and then take another bus to Darwin. If this plan works out I should be in Darwin monday 21st.

What else is going on? Oh yeah, this backpacking thing is really starting to give me big positive vibes. There is such a huge difference between being on vacation and...traveling with time. You see, when you are on vacation you never allow yourself time to just...do nothing. You are always hurrying from place to place, trying to see as much as possible, planning next day and day after that. Thats not what I am doing. Essentially I am on vacation as well, but I have time. I don't need to plan every single day with activities. I can just...wake up whenever I feel like, take shower, cook breakfast, spend 1h to drink my coffee, read a book, etc. If I would be on vacation I would think I am wasting my time, but not this time. I am perfectly happy doing as little as possible and having no worries about time.

People. Oh yeah, then there are the people you meet while traveling. You are living in a hostel with dozens of backpackers from all over world. In this hostel there have been people from England, Ireland, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Slovenia, Germany, Spain, New Zealand, Canada, etc. Everyone has their own story, everyone can give you hints and tips for future destinations better than any Lonely Planet guide can.

In short, everything has been great so far. No homesickness yet. Now its time to leave Witch's Hat and head to Broome. See you later alligators! :-)

1 kommentti:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Vai ei vielä ole koti-ikävä; ehkä se kohta iskee... Alkumatka kuulostaa ihanalta ja hienoa, että osaat rentoutua ja nauttia rauhallisesti hetkestä.

Satu