sunnuntai 6. heinäkuuta 2008

Sleeping Sun

Day 5

"A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone, make my heavy heart light.
Come undone, bring me back to life"


I am seriously thinking about changing my name here to Jack Smith. It's totally impossible for locals here to spell my name even closely right. Yesterday I called Pizza and delivery guy shouted "Daryl!" for good 5 minutes until I realised it might be my pizza. Everywhere I go I need to spell my name atleast twice and even then most get it wrong.

So what is going on? It's sunday, third day in Oz. Friday I just used all my willpower to stay awake till 18, at which moment I had been awake for about 56 hours without any good sleep. I went to bed and woke up next morning at 10. So nice 16h sleep :-)

Perth from Northbridge

On my first night in dorm room I learned one thing...every male snores. Phew, I was beginning to worry I was some freak. Luckily I bought good earplugs from Finland so sleeping is no problem at all. I woke up one time during night, took out my earplugs to listen a bit and there was this surround snoring coming from all over room.

On saturday I was planning to visit Subiaco markets and it wasnt until I reached there that I found out they were renovating market area. At same time I got sms from Anika that she was in a hospital not 200m from Subiaco station after her ankle surgery. So there I went and chatted until early evening.

Today I had 2 tasks: first was to find Heath Ledger's grave in Karrakatta cemetery, second to watch sunset at Cottesloe beach enjoying some calamari rings. First task proved to be mission impossible. Karrakatta cemetery is huge, I mean really huge. It was like looking needle in a haystack. I walked through it hoping for miracle which didn't happen. After that I walked to Cottesloe and was surprised how crowded it was, it is after all winter here. Sunset was beautiful but I skipped the calamari rings cause the price was insanely high, too high for my backpacker budget.

Cottesloe Beach


Sunset at Cottesloe

Tomorrow I have meeting with bank to open my bank account. Also planning to do some shopping at Harbour Town, a mall filled with factory outlet shops. It's also sale here so I'm hoping to fill my missing gear as cheaply as possible there.

2 kommenttia:

Elina kirjoitti...

Kateudesta vihreänä seuraan, kun toteutat unelmaasi. Mutta missä on kuva susta Fifth Elementin lippis päässä? Älä vain sano, että lippis ei mahtunut matkaan...

Tero kirjoitti...

Hups, jatin...eiku siis unohdin lippiksen konttorille :-P