tiistai 22. heinäkuuta 2008

Darwin = Paradise

Day 22

"The Imagination can be compared to Adam's dream - he awoke and found it truth."
- John Keats, 19th century poet

Holy s...cow! I love Darwin, I really love this town. Only been here little over day and having so much fun. My expectations about Darwin were not that high. I dont know exactly what I was expecting, small and little run down town perhaps but this place is completely different. This is and feels like a modern vibrant city filled with other travellers enjoying life and relaxing in this tropical heat.

People here so far have been great. Backpackers on budget trip and eager to meet one another. Yesterday evening we had barbecue party at my hostel. I ended up heading to town with 6 irish girls. Two of them, Sonja and Emma, are living in same dorm room with me and we were getting along very well from start. After 3 pints in Shenennigans I found myself at the Vic watching bikini girls jelly wrestling, that was soooo cool :)))

Only downside to this town is that there are no real "beaches" to swim here. Mindil Beach is only one patrolled but even that beach is empty...because of Box Jellyfish. June, July and August are generally only months in year where swimming is possible, but even then danger of getting sting is moderate so no one is really taking the risk...and neither am I.

Unfortunately I cant provide pics at this point since this internet access point doesnt have usb drives out. I try to find some other spot later on so I can upload some pics.

Tero...out.

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Joo, painikuvat puhui puolestaan. Hieno paikka varmasti muuten myös.
Hyvää ja sujuvaa matkantekoa jatkossa sulle!

Jyri

Suomessa olis ollu peräti kaks päivää (ensimmäistä) hellettä tiedossa.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Darwin Awardeja tiedossa?

:)

T: Kari Är